Saturday, September 19, 2009

Made It!

Well, that was quite annoying! For 2 days, I have been trying to upload pictures and Blogger has been fighting me!

I chalked it up to "tired" (technical term), and tried again this morning. Still no dice.

So I did what any tech savvy person would do. I rebooted.

Still nothing!

Then I had an ah ha moment. The little box next to "Accept terms of service" wasn't checked.

See, I told you I was tired!

Here's the picture I was trying to post yesterday:


DJ sent me this photo of Mittnz she made and ones she bought (time being short, life getting in the way, some other issues to deal with).

The two pairs bookending the lower row were handmade. The others were purchased.

There are way more than 9 there and a lot of people will have warm hands thanks to DJ.

So, how about it? Magic gloves are making their annual appearance all over. If you haven't been able to "make nine," you could purchase a few pairs before the mailing deadline. It's all about warm hands, after all.





And here's a photo of the last two pairs I made.

The lilac ones were finished a couple of weeks ago. They're Sidar Snuggly DK and Cottage Creations pattern from Projects fof Community Knitting. I've used the patterns in this booklet multiple times and love every one of them!

The blue pair are made from Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky using the pattern found here.




And now, what you've been waiting for (please allow me my fantasy), a photo of all 9 pairs gathered in one spot!

They'll be winging their way to Cheyenne River Reservation) next week.

For those of you preparing to mail, here's the deal. If the ones you are sending are hand-wash-only wool (like my green striped ones, the new blue ones, and the grey ragg ones) put a little tag on them that says something like "wool, hand wash, please." Otherwise, just toss them in an envelope and mail them (last week in September) to:

Cheyenne River Youth Project (CRYP)/P.O. Box 410/ Eagle Butte, SD, 57625.


Remember to send me a photo or a link to your photo (abmcmanusATverizonDOTnet) before October 1 to be included in the prize draw.

Nine lucky crafters will win small but significant prizes.


And in other news, this is only part of what arrived at my door (thank you, UPS) yesterday.

Cones of cotton chenille and other cotton that I will fashion into cuddly shawls for the elder blitz in early 2010.

If you like to knit (or crochet) and are looking for somewhere to place your hand mades, Cheyenne River is a great place.


There are several programs at the Reservation that serve the people.

Like to make itty bitty things? There's WIC (P.O. Box 590) and the Children's Services (P.O. Box 530) program. Are elders more your speed? There's a need for shawls, laprobes, hats, and slippers at the Elder Nutrition Center (P.O. Box 784).

And all that and everything else, including supplies you might be wanting to destash can be sent to the Youth Center (address above), where hundreds of kids gather after school each day, and families come for fellowship and assistance.

I promise, it will warm your heart.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random