Saturday, June 21, 2008

Friday Night Lite



I'd love to be able to write that I finished Bear Claw last night, but that would be a lie.

Fact is, I finished the second last round of wide bands and 3 of the 4 corner squares and have added the 4th color. So, yeh, almost finished.

One more corner on this round, 12 more rows on each side, 4 more corners, and I can stick a fork in it.

Meanwhile, that yellow blob to the right of Bear Claw is the beginning of a giant dishcloth square blankie. I was planning a 3-piece baby set (blanket, hat, booties), but you know what they say about "best laid plans." The Premium Book for the fair calls a 3-piece set blanket, hat, sweater. ::sigh:: so I'm thinking that a baby surprise might be in the works. Something classic. Or a top down raglan. Or an envelope-shoulder pullover.



Here's the progress on this year's Christmas stocking.

The written out directions for the Pine Tree motif were giving my weary eyes fits, so as soon as I finished Row 16, I charted the damned thing. That's so much better!

I slide the paper ruler up as I complete each row so that the the ruler is above the one I am working on at the moment. I find that this works better for me than putting my marker (ruler) under the row (thereby covering up the already completed patterning). Try it both ways and use the one that works for you.

I have completed 20 of 96 rows (a little over 20%).


Sparky's fans have been asking after her. Here's a picture from earlier this morning. The Other Half was there but he got up to um, you know.

No other cat we have ever owned was ever allowed to sleep on or near the pillows. Either he's mellowing in his advancing years, or Sparky's a lot more aggressive than Cats Past.

She goes for blood work in about an hour. Still trying to regulate her thyroid. The belly gnawing has all but stopped after more years than I care to research. (I posted a picture when it was just starting.) I'm starting to wonder if it was a reaction to the anti-depressants that she was taking for years and years. (Yes, my cat was on mood altering drugs. Trust me. It was drugs or a different home!)

Mittnz reminder: If you want in on the prizes (currently: 7 really great books, bunches of yarn, some tools, some lotion, and I haven't added mine in yet!) you will need to email me (amcmanus@ptd.net) a photo (or send me a link where I can capture the image) of your 8 (or more) completed pairs so that I can post it here. Then you need to mail your mittnz to Cheyenne River Reservation (Cheyenne River Youth Project, P.O. Box 410, Eagle Butte, SD 57625) the last week in September.

There is no requirement to join any group in order to participate in the Challenge and be eligible for a prize. That said, Native American Support welcomes new members to our group. If you are looking for a worthy charity to craft for and some fun people to chat with come check it out.

Children in Common has just announced that they are joining us in Mittn Blitzn again this summer. We appreciate their support!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random