Sunday, September 30, 2007

How I Spent My Sunday


I started off my morning as I do most, emailing with a friend to the north. Her day is ending as mine begins. It's a good way for me to start the day!

Today, though, I added in a little extra and made a mousie for Raven (one of the GrandCats) from Barbara Albright's Oddball Knitting. It's stuffed full of catnippy goodness. I had to put it in a tightly sealed zippy bag for its own protection from Sparky the bob-tailed wonder cat.

Then, after breakfast (cheese and mushroom omelet, thanks), the Other Half and I headed to the Celtic Classic.

You'll have to check the archives from last September if you want to see pictures, because my camera (which I remembered to bring) was dead as a doornail (whatever that is) or at least the batteries were! And they were freshly charged (or so I thought).

I was somewhat reluctant to attend, remembering the Fest from last year. This year was no better --crowds, people with non-service animals in tow (clearly against the unenforced rules) and smoking in the entertainment tents (also clearly against the posted signage--hello! it's a fire hazard, you freaks!), people walking in a direction that they are not looking, stepping in front of me without so much as an "excuse me," just general rudeness. Thanks, but no thanks.

They've moved the piping competition. But the music was good. The overpriced food was edible. We lasted about 3 hours then headed home.





Here's what I found in my inbox. AD made these great Mittnz and is mailing them off to Cheyenne River. Six pairs are wool and 2 pairs are Ack. The Ack ones have matching Hatz! Way cool! Or wait, that would be Way Warm!

There were no movies this weekend. Instead, we've been watching TiVo'd episodes of Flash Gordon.

I will confess that I am not a fan, this being The Other Half's "thing." But I watched and I enjoyed. Fun. Kitchy. Okay. Decent. Way to go, SciFi Channel. All this and Eureka, too!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
LOVE, love love, love Eureka, but I'm with you -- Flash Gordon is more miss than hit. I guess all those sci-fi stereotyped actors have to do something. Not like I don't watch it every week anyway.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random