Thursday, August 23, 2007

Throwing In the Towel


Debbie let me have this picture of the great Mittnz she just finished. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7.

Yep, they're all there!

(I have 1 more pair to finish myself before I show you my 7.)

Because of work-related work, I have not been able to devote as much time as I would have liked to finishing up my fair entries. ::insert pouty face::



And time and an inability to figure out how to assemble the Christmas Wreath, Other, led me to accept the advice of a qwazy qwafty blogger and resort to electric tools.

I will have you know that I burned only one of the fingers on my left hand and none of the fingers on my right hand! That's a new record!!!

It's just a little blister, but thank you for your concern.


Here's the finished wreath. The base is an 18" circle made of some sort of tannish wickery stuff.

I got it at the Tree for a buck. The ribbon is 2 buck-a-roll Wire Edged Ribbon (same source).

The flowers are Panda Woolbale (red), Brown Sheep Naturespun (green) and Elann Peruvian Highland Wool (yellow). All of these are very feltable!

The darker green (holly??) leaves are Patons Classic Wool. It takes longer to felt than any of the other yarns I used (two trips through the hot cycle v. one for everyone else).

The little red holly berries are ceramic beads (stashed for a while, but they were part of a "bucket of beads" dealie--1/2 pound of assorted, mostly plastic, but some good stuff) also from the Tree. If you know where to look and can stretch your imagining muscles, you can get quite good crafty junque there!

The idea is Nicki Epstein (Knit Simple holiday 2006) with modifications (you were expecting me to blindly follow??)

Okay, the deadline for dropping entries is 6 p.m. tomorrow. And where is that towel to which I alluded? It's the Santa pair. I just couldn't get enough minutes of concentrating time. Mrs. is done. Mr. is a pile of parts.

And Janice, I've already started on next year's entries!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Nice!

Would you still like me to nag mercilessly about the fair for next year? Or shall I shut up?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random