Saturday, July 07, 2007

One Day Wondrz



Churned these out today in the car. (I was not driving!)

I believe they are pair #5, but I could be wrong. And yes, they need to be seamed. And no, I don't prefer 2 needle mittnz, but I wanted to make an effort to have this pair be identical, so I dragged out the needles and the Patons Classic Wool and cast on both mittnz at once. I'll be entering them in the fair, then sending them on to the reservation.




Here's where I got the pattern.

I think (based on the type of price sticker) that it came from Long-Ago-Patternworks (as opposed to new and improved Patternworks).

This booklet and the patterns (or at least the one I used--#5612) suck eggs or worse.

Case in point. #5612 calls for worsted weight yarn (so far, so good) and can be made in 3 sizes (8-10, 10-12, and 12-14 yaers). Again, so far, so good, except that to change sizes, you use bigger needles (7, 8, and 10! respectively).

Okay, I can see 7, and even (possibly) 8 with worsted weight, but 10!? Can you imagine how warn those mittnz would be? Here's the kicker: There's a pattern for women's mittens. In worsted weight. They call for size 4 and 5 for medium and large respectively.

For the love of Pasta, don't do it!

I don't think I'll be using this booklet very often.

Movie Review: The Good German is not Casablanca, though it tries really, really hard. There are redeeming features. Especially if you aren't a fan of the star. Disappointing.

Mild Rant Aimed At My Neighbors' Friends Who Brought The Kick-Ass Fireworks to Set Off In Our Cul-de-Sac: The 4th was Wednesday. It's illegal. You jerk!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random