Saturday, July 21, 2007

And Yet Another Pair



The wooly Mittnz That Fit Me are finished and in the washer for their first pass. I am hoping that they will felt down to kid size.

No, I didn't swatch and test felt. Why?

I've photographed the before shot on the patterned rug so that you/I/we can tell how much they felted. The yarn ball is what is left from the hank (one of 4). There's enough left for at least one more pair of mittnz and a couple hats (plus the other 3 hanks). Did I mention that the hanks were big?

There's about 1400 yards left all told.







And here they are post-felting.

They went from 12" in length to 8" and from about 4" wide to about 3".

The fabric is firm (and wet), and should be quite water repellant.

I ran them through a normal "hot" laundry load (towels) inside a pillow case.





And in Non-Knitting News: I think I can make it Official. The Other Half and I will become Grands in December (or thereabouts). The Older Son and the No-Longer-New Daughter In Law are expecting. A boy.


We/they/the immediate world could not be more pleased! This will be the first of a new generation on both sides of their family.

Let the mad spoiling begin!

And On a Related Topic: I have been knitting Baby Things (as all my Loyal Readers know) for the fair, and have actual knitted in pink (though not that insipid bubble gum, mind-altering pink, more along the lines of geraniums, peonies, rhododendrons, and azaleas), a lace sweater and booties to match. These were planned as a fair entry, but it was always in the back of my mind that this hypothetical New Love Of My Life might turn out to be a baby girl and so, I made a pink sweater and booties and a little lacy cap.

And then I started Anouk. And Anouk languished. All the parts were knitted yet, there they sat in their project basket, waiting for my renewed interest.


Last night, I bit the bullet and stitched on (carefully, carefully) the first Anouk pocket. And then I mourned momentarily for the Granddaughter That Isn't and rejoiced in the Grandson That Is.


Buttons, tabs, and the other pocket will wait for another burst of Enthusiasm For The Tedious. In the meantime, bring on the blue yarn!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
My sincerest congratulations! Boys are wonderful to knit for (ask grandma of 3 of them, all within 14 months), too. There's all those PATTERNS to try, to say nothing of the yummy yarns!

Enjoy every minute, grandma.
 
Congratulations! People will tell you there is nothing like being a grandma and that you will love it. It's true! It's so true! There is nothing that can even begin to compare! Enjoy every second! My granddaughter will be 3 in November, the same week her baby sister is expected to put in an appearance. Grandkids are the most fun ever!
 
Fun! All kinds of blue knitting coming on...and maybe some green...and red and green for Christmas ('stockings hung by the chimney with care' and christmas socks and overalls and, and, and...) Bibs! Layette set! All kinds of goodies for GS#1 and the Fair!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random