Thursday, May 31, 2007

R&R

Move accomplished! (Except for the several boxes that are still in the basement, but in the Grand Scheme, that's not much.)

I planned to take today off mostly to re-group, clean the former room and start its transformation to guest room/Sanctum Sanctorum. I did not count on my weak left ankle! Second trip to my car trunk, I stepped off the curn "funny" and twisted an already weak joint (old Curves injury).

Yes, I finished (that's what moms do)! But today, I am doing not nearly as much as I planned.

The bathrooms are clean. That will have to be enough for the time being.


Mittnz:

Scary part of mittn-in-the-round knitting: removing the waste yarn in preparation for the thumbs.

Note: if you are using wool (these are a "lopi-type" wool), the stitches hold their spots pretty well.



And here they are all finished, post-warm water wash and yank and stretch and poke.

The stitches have evened up nicely.

I really don't like this pair! I don't like the color or the pattern or the way the contrast isn't very contrast-y.


I wish I had used natural in place of the gold!




The thumbs came out pretty good, though.

And besides, I think I neglected to do the second ribbing on smaller needles!

Oh, bother.







Knitting Funk: I believe that I have hit the dreaded Knitting Funk wall. There are many things I'd like to knit, unfortunately, few of those are suitable for fair entries.

I just can't seem to wrap my mind around Christmas decor, though I have the yarn and several patterns in mind. Usually, I take a vacation week right before the fair and do marathon knitting. I don't know if I'll be able to do that this year. It's in the plans. I just don't know if it's in the cards.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random