Monday, January 26, 2015
Works In Progress; Finished Objects
Monster Pants are progressing nicely. A combination of washable wools (well-aged) are (dark blue) Austermann Juwel and (all the other colors Filatura di Crosa 501.
The actual Monster Face is embroidered in duplicate stitch or sewn on as knitted appliques.
Leg #1 is finished. This is not Sleeve Island. And besides, they are very small.
It seems that I am getting into this random pattern thingie.
And for something a bit more traditional, this weekend, I finished a shawl, following the basic triangle that's started at the neck. Increase 4 stitches every other row, 2 in the center, two on the edge.
I used some stashed merino silk blend that I bought on-line umpty two years ago. I wound up over-dyeing a lot of it with Wilton icing color (I think) in a strong blue which made for shades of purple-y and turquoise-y that I striped with the green shades that seem to be original.
I used a little over a pound of worsted weight to make the shawl. It's about 80" wide.
I finished the whole thing off with a knitted lace edging from Sally Melville's The Purl Stitch that served to both embellish and bind off.
I'm pleased with the way it came out, though I did find Ella (our cat) had decided that she really, really loves this yarn. She was sleeping all over it on the blocking mats.*
In fairness, the blocking mats were on the pool table which is where she spends a lot of her time.
I may have to use the odd bits to make a little toy for her.
*Earlier, I found her dancing on the shawl-in-progress.