Monday, January 26, 2015

Works In Progress; Finished Objects




Monster Pants are progressing nicely. A combination of washable wools (well-aged) are (dark blue) Austermann Juwel and (all the other colors Filatura di Crosa 501.

The actual Monster Face is embroidered in duplicate stitch or sewn on as knitted appliques.

Leg #1 is finished. This is not Sleeve Island.    And besides, they are very small.

It seems that I am getting into this random pattern thingie.


And for something a bit more traditional, this weekend, I finished a shawl, following the basic triangle that's started at the neck. Increase 4 stitches every other row, 2 in the center, two on the edge.

I used some stashed merino silk blend that I bought on-line umpty two years ago. I wound up over-dyeing  a lot of it with Wilton icing color (I think) in a strong blue which made  for shades of purple-y and turquoise-y that I striped with the green shades that seem to be original.

I used a little over a pound of worsted weight to make the shawl. It's about 80" wide.


I finished the whole thing off with a knitted lace edging from Sally Melville's The Purl Stitch that served to both embellish and bind off.

I'm pleased with the way it came out, though I did find Ella (our cat) had decided that she really, really loves this yarn. She was sleeping all over it on the blocking mats.*

In fairness, the blocking mats were on the pool table which is where she spends a lot of her time.

I may have to use the odd bits to make a little toy for her.

*Earlier, I found her dancing on the shawl-in-progress.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random