Saturday, July 16, 2011

Another FO




Another fair entry completed, as I sat this morning web surfing. It's actually been finished for several weeks, but I procrastinated on sewing on the pewter clasp at the neckline.

If you click on the picture, it will get bigger and you can see the detailing.








This sweater is knit from cuff to center back twice (once for each side, d'oh!), then grafted up the center back. That's the only seaming and the only sewing is the buttons or other closures.

Interesting construction that is very similar to the original Babies and Bears, without the textured panels and hood.

I like the detail under the arm (again, click to make it bigger).

Did I mention that the yarn is from my stash? It is!




Particulars:

Pattern: Babies and Bears Sweater for Grown-Ups by Cottage Creations (available direct--Cottage Creations, At the Farm on Deer Creek, Carpenter, Iowa 50426, or at LYS everywhere). I'm thinking I made the Medium (wow, a medium!) which is 44". It fits nicely.

Yarn: Filatura Lanarota Puno (100% alpaca) in the denim heather colorway from Smiley's. I used just about 11 skeins (less than 1100 yards) so the yarn requirements listed on the pattern are generous.

Clasp is from Schoolhouse Press (Meg Swansen's shop).

Currently on my needles are two more fair entries. I'll post photos when they are finished.

In the planning stage, some "shop samples" for my friend Rabbitch who has a growing fibre (she's Canadian) business. I'll use the samples as fair entries, then send them along to her for display. Her stuff (hand-dyed and -painted sock weight, mostly) is to dye for (pun fully intended). Watch for photos!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Simple. Elegant. With a lovely clasp. What more could you ask for?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random