Sunday, January 23, 2011

All Those Ends

One hundred twelve. Ends To Weave In.

Usually, I would weave as I knit, but not this time. Narrow tubes on double pointed needles. Nah. It's hard enough to keep from losing stitches.

All in all, though, a pretty good sweater. It should warm a child nicely. It will go out in the mail on Monday or Tuesday with some other stuff I need to mail.

The particulars: Worsted weight wool odd balls including Patons Classic Wool, Lily Sugar and Cream 100% Wool, and Panda Woolbale. Pattern from Ann Budd's Handy Book of Sweater patterns. Size 30" chest. Size 7 needles.



My concern about the jog at the color changes was (mostly) unfounded.

The purl bumb disguises it somewhat and it's under the arm (down the side), so not "front and center."

I have lots of wooly stuff left, but other deadlines to meet, so this will be my last effort for this campaign. If you have the time, wool, and inclination, won't you consider warming a child you may will never meet?

And now, for something completely different. . . Stay tuned!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
What a nice bright cheerful sweater! I'm sure a child will be glad to get it, not just because it will keep him/her warm, but because it's bright and cheerful.
 
Ann, someone on A4A wants to know how long the sweater was -- do you remember? Can't find your email address or a "contact me" link, so have to ask here. . .
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random