Sunday, April 04, 2010

Highly Unsatisfactory

Here's an "after" photo of the baby washcloths I attempted with cotton chenille.

I decided to cut them apart and hem (by hand) before laundering (machine wash and dry). Honestly, the other option was to launder the whole strip and finish after.

I don't think it would have made a bit of difference in the long run. Even if the initial product had looked better, they will still need to be laundered.

What I learned from this project: Machine sewing! That's the ticket!

Of the 7 cloths, only 2 are salvageable. And only if I stitch down the hems.

Lesson learned!

Labels:


Comments:
Put two together and sew on binding all around. Great hotpads or small drink coasters for summertime iced tea glasses.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random