Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two Down

When I put my mind to it, I can get things done!



Witness Sweater #2 of the Ten Sweater Challenge.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but it's a very plain (okay, you could tell that part) top-down raglan sweater.

This one is for the March Challenge for Afghans for Afghans (as is the vest I blogged earlier in the month). I'll be mailing them off this week after this one gets its wash and block.

I used about 800 yards of worsted weight singles (Patons Impressions Hand-Dyed Wool) which is no longer available, but any light worsted weight would produce similar results. It's about 33" around.




This beanie (for Ship Support) was my car driving last weekend. I wove in the ends last night and will mail it this week as well. The yarn is Red Heart Strata (100% ack) that feels rough and stringy in the skein but washes up to a nice soft fabric that is needed for med-evac troops. I believe this stuff may be discontinued, but Smiley's still has a few colors available.

Current Ship Support needs include dark solid 100% wool beanies, seaman's scarves, and gaiters, plus brightly colored wool , blend, or ack beanies and slippers for troops being moved out of the Sandbox for medical care.





January has been a rough month around Casa Sheepie. I haven't been able to blog it, but hope to soon. Stay tuned!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random