Saturday, January 09, 2010

End of the Week

It's been brutally cold here in the Northeast, so it's been a pleasure to knit bigger things:



This week, I worked diligently on the second scrap lap robe for our local rehab, and then found out that the prizes won't be needed until late April, so I am "good to go" as they say (whoever "they" are).

The big mitered square is #2. Same yarns and colors as the first, approximately the same size.

Best laid plans aside, there was a pattern in my head. Unfortunately, I ran out of one color mid-way, and being cheap frugal in stash-busting mode for these, I refused to buy more yarn. I punted.

A motivated inspector will see what I did.

Then I found a tiny bit more of the color that I ran out of. Rats!



I've made a bit of progress on the sweater for Afghans for Afghans, and started another.

Again, stash-busters. The green yarn is some Lily Sugar and Cream 100% wool (I don't even want to guess how old it is) . The yellow is Elann Peruvian Highland wool, left over from another project. When this one is a little further along, I'll post a photo of the pattern picture.

It's a vest.

To my mind, it can be spring any time now. I am tired of Arctic temperatures and wind chills. I need it to be warm.

No chance at all that there will be a beach vacation any time soon, either.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hello Ann
I am from the CIC list and am mailing 4 pairs of wool socks to CRYP, tomorrow.
I wasn't sure where to post this, so started here.
JoLynn WA
 
Yeah, Florida beaches are right out this week for vacations, what with us having the coldest temps since 1985. Sigh. Shiver. Hope it warms up for all of us soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random