Friday, October 02, 2009

Shopping At Mom's


Once again, Younger Son is in need of a gift. I have nothing suitable in stock. Rather, I have nothing in stock that he can have. We call this "planned for a meal" (i.e. recipient already in mind thankyouverymuch). The recipients-to-be are two women. Not teenagers, and not "old" (which we know means My Age).

So I whipped up what All The Cool Kids are wearing.

Wristers!

First pair (and the second) are Phyllis Wharton's Scallopers' Wristers from Favorite Mittens by Robin Hansen. Great book for Mittnz knittn! I had to modify (different weight yarn) and I added ribbing at the top.

Remember the Laprobe That We All Knew Was Really A Baby Blankie and the Rambling Rows Jacket? The little person I made them for arrived at 5:40 AM. He's cute! (not unexpected). I have a picture, but I don't have permission to share, so you'll have to take my word for it.

Today was Day 15. I still feel like crap and have No Voice At All. None. I croak. And I had to croak twice at Rotary at lunch today.

I am looking forward to Two Days Off.

Oh, and while we were catching up on Netflix tonight, there was a rousing THUNK from the laundry room. The dryer managed to shake loose a HUGE jug of All Free and Clear (the size you get at Costco or BJ's or Sam's). Cursing mightily while cleaning most of it up, I offended The Other Half (who really didn't exactly do anything) by yelling at him. You know, if I had needed wanted an audience, I would have sold tickets. Just saying.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Sometimes watching a loved one in pain is as hard as being in pain. Venting can be a good thing too. We are keeping you in prayer.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random