Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hey, Santa!


I am starting to have quite a stockpile of Christmas Stockings, Knitted.

I make one for the fair each year and I've given away quite a few. (I think they make great baby gifts!)

This one will rank among my favorites, though.

The pattern, or rather the pattern that suggested this one, is in the Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2006 special issue. Designer is Nicky Epstein, and with all due respect, I have to wonder what she was thinking!

The original pattern calls for knitting flat and seaming up the back and for knitting a bunch of i-cord and sewing it on after. I used reverse stockinette (the red) to mimic that look. I knit it on dpns.

I left off the 40 knit-separately-and-sewn-on-last bobbles. I wasn't going to try faking them.



The yarn is Caron Simply Soft (the navy), Plymouth Encore (the red) and some odd ball acrylic from the Tiny Prince's scrap ball bag (the white and black).

I had to really scrounge for that scrap of orange (actually peach) for the carrot nose. It's a bit of variegated baby shades fuzzy stuff also from TP's collection. There was just enough before it turned to white and pink!

The snowman is knit separately and stitched on. That might be the reason for knitting flat, but truthfully, I rolled a magazine up and put it inside to keep me from stitching the front and back together. No big deal. And no seaming.

Seven entries (3 well-started) to go. Twelve days (including today) to go!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Go, Ann!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random