Friday, July 03, 2009

Up To the Minute

Fair entry report. Okay, one isn't exactly a fair entry, but if I finish it in time, it will replace another FO that I have set to enter.

(I haven't done this in a while, but here goes.)



At the left, Hey Teach (from Knitty) in purple ("plum," actually) Moda Dea Silk 'n Wool Blend from the Dollar Tree. It's also available at Smiley's, but not in this color.

The beginning of a Red Scarf in Cervinia Genova (100%acrylic, but soft and nice, sport weight) also from Smiley's.

And the beginning of a Christmas gift/fair entry which I may or may not show in progress. This one is a combination of several similar ones, that I mushed around in my conscious mind and then cast on and had at it. If it's successful, there might be a pattern!


Can I be a little blunt? I hope you followed the Red Scarf link, because Norma tells it like it is. If you do any charity knittng, and especially if you make a Red Scarf, or you knit, sew, or crochet for The Ships Project, it's really important to keep the recipient(s) in mind. They are not "charity cases." They are, in fact, young men and women who are doing a job (yes, both the students and the troops) that is very important to their future and ours. They deserve the best.

It is, after all, All About Them!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Nice words about Red Scarf, Ann! And anything else anyone knits for. . . I could tell you stories. . . I picked up and cast on yesterday for my Red Scarf of the year (google Corrugarter pattern) and I'm halfway done already because it's making me feel so good.

Elizabeth D
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random