Sunday, July 12, 2009

Seeing Red




One more entry finished, and this one does "double duty" as it is also a red scarf for the Red Scarf Project. I don't know that I'll be making another, but if the deadline moves (or I suddenly finish everything else on The List), I might just try to do a second.

When I mail it, I'll be enclosing Dunkin' Donuts gift card and maybe one from Target or somewhere else "national" as well. I'm really glad I decided to participate.

Particulars on this one:

Yarn is Cervinia Genova, a sportweight acrylic (for washability) knit up on size 5 needles. It still needs a soak and block, but even without, it's nice and soft.





I used the Twin Rib Scarf pattern found here. It was mindless and simple, and (frankly) a row of 42 stitches took as long to complete as a 90 stitch round on the cabled bolster.

Because I kept getting "lost" in the pattern and found myself tinking at least every 4th row.

::le sigh::

But it's finished and done and all that.


If there's another, it will be wool. Superwash (for washability) because even though the Genova is an okay ack, it's still ack.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Ann, you have until December 15 to get those red scarves in. PLENTY of time!
 
Baeautiful color and design. It's going to mean a lot to someone out there. Good job!
 
Having foolishly promised a scarf to a business acquaintance some time ago, I think the twin rib pattern might suffice. Yours certainly looks wonderful!

BTW, I agree about wool over "ack" - which is a much, much easier way to spell it.

Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca
(change caps to symbols and lose the spaces)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random