Saturday, June 20, 2009

Three-Piece Done!


There was almost exactly enough!

I feared that I would run out of the Soft Baby (the variegated) before I ran out of sweater, and I really wanted to make a matching cap so that I could call Infant 3pc. Sweater-cap-blanket finished for another year.

That's why I picked up the ball of Plymouth Dreambaby DK (the yellow trim). It's a good thing that I did! The leftover Soft Baby weighs in at 8 grams. I used about 18 grams of the Dreambaby.

::whew!::

Particulars on this one: Yarn is Plymouth Dreambaby DK in color 0104 and Red Heart Soft Baby in color Laddie.


Pattern for the hat is "my own" (see below). Sweater pattern is an old Carole Barenys one that I printed out 5 years ago. It's similar to one at her site. (Aren't the booties cute?)

Both the hat and sweater were knit on size 4 needles.

Hat Pattern:

Cast on 70 stitches, join being careful not to twist. Do several rounds of garter stitch--k1 round, p 1 round then switch yarns and start stockinette--k all rounds--to about 3" from the cast on, decrease at 7 points, finish off. Pick up 3 stitches between the garter and stockinette and make i-cor for 12". Repeat on the second side. Weave in ends.

Labels: ,


Comments:
That's a very pretty set.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random