Friday, June 05, 2009

Square Circle

My dear friend L who originally put me on to Touching Tiny Lives. (Her nephew, Ken, is the founder. You can read his story by clicking this link.)

This week, she linked me to Square Circle. I have spent some time reading back issues of the newsletter and being moved near to tears. I invite you to check it out. It's a small world and small people seem to suffer the most. There are many ways to help. Perhaps you could start your own Square Circle?



And other squares? I made a couple waiting my turn yesterday and needing something mindless afterwards (when I wasn't napping. These are cotton, though and will be facecloths, not blankie squares.

I'm digging through my wool for possibles.


It took me a while to find a reference, but wool is the fiber of choice here. Acrylics can be used, but only in the "better" (it's clearly a matter of degrees!) homes where lighting and heating isn't done with open flame.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random