Friday, June 12, 2009

But I Needed Them



/whine mode off

I have been wanting to expand my weaving library (if a copy of Hands On Rigid Heddle Weaving can be called a "library") for a while.

When the opportunity to self-indulge afforded itself, I was right on it! (Mind you, I haven't re-warped yet--still trying to decide on a project.) These books were not on sale (my usual criterion for book buying). They weren't even discounted! How bad is that?

Weaving Made Simple is very readable. Funny (yeh, a bit), irreverent (um, yeh, that too--a sidebar titled "We can't all be Vera Wang" caught my eye). It's step-by-step instruction that I wish I had owned in January, but I'm willing to backtrack and let Liz Gipson take me through the steps.

Seventeen (only) projects, and all of them quite simple, may not fill my whole weaving bill, which is where Textures and Patterns for the Rigid Heddle Loom comes in. Betty Linn Davenport (author of the Hands On book mentioned above) offers all sorts of interesting "stuff" that should keep this beginning weaver busy for years and years.

I can't wait to get started!

Labels: ,


Comments:
I know the feeling, but lately my "need to have" moments have been filled with sock yarn!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random