Tuesday, January 06, 2009

More Good Stuff



Did I mention that my loom came with totally beautiful, totally unuseful silk thread. Very fine. Very pink?

With the Other Half's okay (he likes me happy and hates wasting money), I returned the silk and got 2 cones of blue chenille, two cones of pale gold chenille, a pound of white 8/2 cotton, a pound of yellow ditto, and some linen warp.








And a book. With lots of cool projects and tips and such. I think I'll skip the chapter on "choosing a loom." That's already been done.

And some change. Not a lot, but some.

Had to work later than usual today, then had a longer drive home than usual, so I didn't do anything with my new stuff.

Tomorrow is another day!





Some answers to comments:

Dragon Knitter asked, "i'm in. i've got a pair of socks on the needles (well one, lol) that i was gonna send to A4A, but i think i'll give it to y'all instead. is superwash wool ok? "

++Superwash is great. Warm and washable. What more can we ask of socks?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nanna said, "Our knitting resolution is very similar. It's been pointed out to me that I haven't knitted for me in a long time & this needs to change. So- this yr will see me doing more me knitting from the stash. How exciting - this means we will have to go out & celebrate together wearing our knits.

++When I first read this, I thought you said "kilts." Dang! Yes, knits! We sure will! knits

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Beth in MN asked, "What pattern did you use for the colorful slippers, woman? :-) "

++Pattern is called T-Minus Slipper Sock and can be found here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

dragon knitter commented, "i tend to go for bright primary colors when the sex is undetermined. Rainbows are us around here (ofcourse, ilikee the tie dye, lol) "

++Me, too, but not for this project this time. I need a light weight cotton blend and this yellow was the right weight and cotton/ack. Washable, cooler than other "baby" yarns. It only came in limited colors and this was the least evil. I could do red for a baby, but not orange. At least not for this baby.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random