Monday, January 19, 2009

Day Of Service

MLK Day is a paid day off for me. There are service activities all over the area. (I helped coordinate a couple of them, in fact.)

For my own Day of Service, I am working on a shawl that I will donate to the Elder Nutrition Center at Cheyenne River Reservation. It's made of Cleckheaton Wool Boucle in a tri-blend of slate blue, burgundy, gray, and a black binder thread. Sort of a dull conservative color, but warm.

As for winter in eastern PA, it has devolved from the fanciful Currier and Ives snowy landscape of December to something more ominous and Stephen King-like. Remember The Shining? Hell, I'm living in it! It needs to stop snowing. Now!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random