Friday, September 05, 2008

Where Did The Week Go?

If I said that I have had the week from hell, would you believe me?

It's like everyone I come in contact with has taken a "stupid" pill.

Last week, someone stuffed paper towels down the men's room toilet which caused a back-up into the ladies' room. The plumbers got it snaked ($600) but broke the ladies' room toilet in the process (another $700). It's an old building with funky plumbing. What can I say? (If I ever find out who did it, he's dead!)

And that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Since I don't usually talk about "work stuff" here, I won't break with tradition and spill all; let's talk about knitting instead!

Here's a photo of the current car project:



Car Project= one that requires little or no looking. These are both garter stitch "log cabin" style baby blankies for the current Blanket Blitz for Cheyenne River Reservation.

The recipe is simple. Cast on some stitches. I started with about 10 if I remember correctly(tThe yellow and green center squares).

*Knit every row until it's as long as you want or until you nearly run out of yarn. Bind off. Using another color (or the same one), with right side facing, pick up and knit 1 stitch for every "valley" along the left side of the bit you just completed, or when the time comes, one stitch for every stitch. **Knit back and forth some more. Repeat from * to ** until it's as big as you want it. Add an edging all the way around using the same method, but use the same color on all 4 sides. (I plan to do this with both of them. I have a pristine skein of light blue and another of pink that I plan to use for this. I might add acontrasting I-cord border, too.)

I am aiming for a finished size of 40" square. The blue and yellow one is currently 32" X 36" and too hot and heavy to knit in the car. The pink and purple one is 16" X 18" and still travels with me. They should both be finished by the end of the month.


Here's what's happening to the "bits and bobs" that are left from the bigger blankets.

Mitered squares and center-out squares, all knitted, though in the photo, some of them look a bit like crocheted grannies.

All of the yarn in these projects is various brands of acrylic something or other. Worsted weight.

I've already started planning next year's fair entries (shut up!) and would actually start the actual knitting if I could only find my copy of Domino Knitting.

I've also started planning the Christmas Knitting but have hit a road block. The yarn I planned to use for one of the sweaters won't be enough no matter how I stretch it. ::sigh:: Plus I am still deciding on a pattern. And I can't find the other yarn I bought with a specific project in mind, though I do have that pattern.

Would someone like to come here and help me find my sanity?

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random