Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Some Little Things

Tomorrow, we are off to see the Tiny Prince. It's been a long time since January, and nice as they are, photos, even when they come in batches of 30, simply are not enough.


Of course, I have been knitting. And I've sent some stuff southward. But this will travel with me.

Pinguoin calls it a "frog suit" which confused the heck out of me. I've always called them "bubble suits" (which I guess the French would find equally amusing) or "rompers."

A friend clued me in by telling me that the French term for an "all-in-one" is grenouille or "frog" because a baby flailing around on his/her back looks a bit frog-like.

Okay. I'll buy it.

Meanwhile, I think the frog suit is going to fit for about 20 seconds. The Tiny Prince is growing like a weed. He is still skinny as a rail, but is in the 90th percentile for height.

Pattern is from Pinguoin Spring/Summer Layette (#151). I got it and the yarn (On Line Linie 121 Summertime) at elann.com.




Also traveling with us is a bitty hoodie.

This is the one the Tiny Prince requested when he visited Mammo's stash back in January.

Pattern is Lillie's Little Sweater (Cottage Creations) in Knit One Crochet Two 2nd Time Cotton. I bought the pattern direct from Carol Anderson and the yarn from Webs.

Buttons are ladybugs. I think I got them at Michael's.

I will be off-line for a couple days, but will return with photos and stories and other good stuff.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random