Monday, March 24, 2008

Whole Lotta Nothin'

I took a day for me (that would be tomorrow) and a day for the house (that was today) because I have A Lot Of Vacation that I need to use.

So I jumped right on in to the House Cleaning Ritual with both feet.

1) Make a list of tasks to be accomplished.

2) Print it out.

3) Immediately amend to add: Take Cat To The Vet.

::sigh::

But some stuff got done (bathroom is clean, top of stove is clean). Steam cleaning the rugs will wait for tomorrow.

And Sparky got a blood test and 2 new medicines. (Don't a$k!)

Some other stuff got nearly finished, too. Witness:

This:

(Remember my experiment with Excel to produce reasonably "planned out" afghans from a bunch of random squares produced by a bunch of unrelated people?)














Became this:


A reasonably "planned out" afghan.

I'm still working on the half double crochet border all around, and it needs a wash and block, but for all intents and purposes, it's finished and will be on its way to the intended recipient soon.

As I look at the photo, I see squares I'd like in other places, but there is No Way In Hell I am moving anything.



I gave up on this:


Sock/slipper knitting of the intense variety sucks the living soul out of me. There are two to be accomplished for every FO, and though I had done the striped part on both of them and about 1/2 of the toe cap, I Just Couldn't Bring Myself to Finish.

So, I frogged. Rippit, Rippit!

Back to the component parts.

And cast on a hat.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!






Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random