Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Tail of Cats (and Socks)


Once upon a time, there was a sweet catly princess named Penny.

Penny was rescued from a caged life (do not get me started) of a year and a half. She had given birth to a litter of kittens. They were all adopted, but Poor Penny stayed behind in a big cage in a window where she could look out on her kingdom. But that's no life for a Princess.

Eventually (see note about 18 long months, above), she found her way into Casa Sheepie and into the hearts of those who dwell there.

Last summer she left this realm and crossed the Bridge, but the love and sweetness she left behind was reborn in the dyepots of RabbitWorks






And so, Gentle Readers, the Rabbitch sent me a skein of Toe Jam yarn in the Penny ccolorway, and I (finally) commenced to knit it up into a pair of socks. For me. Me. Me. (Leftovers to become Prince-Feet in due time.)

Toe Jam is soft and wooly and I just know I will ove these socks. Thanks, Janice!


The only place in the world where this particular limited edition is still available is here.

Labels: ,


Comments:
How pretty and such a touching story.

My Tortie is the same colors.... Hmmmm
 
That is gorgeous yarn! I love the way it's working up. And what a lovely tribute.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random