Saturday, September 29, 2007

Serious Intervention Needed


Clearly have a problem! I just peeked into The Other Half's "office" (formerly known as the Black Hole of Younger Kid--where he slept until high school) and the futon is covered about 3' deep in baby stuff that I have bought or made.

Stop snickering! I heard The Other Grandmother already bought a tricycle!

So, The Other Half is on his way to the Post Office with a small knitted toy (Bunnster), a gift bag, some tissue, and a note for The Daughter In Law. Next weekend is The Family Baby Shower in her home town. I wanted her to know that I am thinking of her, but also am aware of the logistics of getting great gobs of baby gear back to their home on the plane. (I assume they are flying and not driving.)

The question is, what in the name of all that is holy am I going to do with this stockpile? I have restrained myself from starting yet another baby thing. I have a hat to finish, and a button to sew on to a sweater, and about six ideas in mind (and a pattern book on its way to me--Knitted Toys--mostly animalian-- by Zöe Mellor).

So I am knitting for the troops and for homeless folks in New Orleans, and trying not to start yet another baby sweater. No, wait, there's the bunting that The Daughter In Law picked out yarn for. I have to finish that! and it's not even started!

So, should I ship or bring (for pre-shower giving) the baby carrier and diaper bag and some of this clothing? I don't want to embarrass The Daughter In Law at her own shower by literally "showering her with an embarrassment of riches."

Help me before I commit knittage!

Labels:


Comments:
Oh no, go ahead and embarrass the dickens out of dil! I mean, that's your ROLE, isn't it? And the more for baby, the better, you know.

Can you tell what I did at my first grandchild's baby shower?! Took my dil an hour just to open my gifts!
 
Can some of these things be gifted once the baby has arrived? Any logic for them being gifted before then? Bigger size sweaters, for example, could wait until the child is closer in size to wearing them.

Charlotte
 
I'd give the carrier and the diaper bag at the shower. Maybe one or two little knitted items in the diaper bag. Then mail a bunch of the other stuff.

And if you knit "too much" I'm betting there are places in your town that could use baby clothes (women's centres, hospiddles, etc.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random