Monday, September 03, 2007

Color For a Baby?




I was working on Trellis from Knitty over the weekend while the kids were visiting.

My plan was that it would be for their firstborn. I had already ripped the front straight back to yarn when I discovered that the buttons were on the dreaded "girl" side, so imagine my surprise shock when the Older Kid asked "Why?"

Why the color? Because I like it. This shot does it no favors. It's definitely yellow-lime green and very bright.

Why the pattern? Because it presented something slightly less mind-numbing than garter stitch.





Why the size?

Because babies grow. That's a fact, Jack!

So, it seems, there's a (slight) chance that I might be dis-owning my Older Kid. (Can I keep his wife?)

Or, I might be giving Trellis to another baby.

Or I might go back to the drawing board and make it over in pink. Let's see how he likes them apples!



This is closer to the actual color, but it's a bit more yellow.

If you decide to make it yourself, it took about 300 yards (1.5 balls) of Plymouth Encore Worsted Weight. This is color 3335--I'd call it Screaming Lime if I were in the color naming business.

Tricky parts? There really aren't any. It's a nice easy knit with some interest.

Be warned, though. The pattern as written puts the buttons on the left and the button holes on the right. Reverse that if you are knitting for a boy (if you are so inclined).

Labels:


Comments:
i gave up on that whole boy/girl button thing ages ago. i don't even know which is which any more!
 
That is a wonderful sweater, regardless of your son's reaction! He's a guy; what does he know! I think the color is great, too. So bright and cheerful.

Maybe I will try this for my second grandbaby who will be born in November. Her name will be Charlotte.
 
I love that color. When I was having a girl, I asked for "no pink please"
I still don't like pink.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random