Friday, August 03, 2007

This Episode Is Late

But I have the perfect excuse!


Normally, I post the UFOs on the first of the month. Didn't happen. (What, you noticed!)

Anyway, Wednesday, the first, was the day that the Other Half, after not dealing well with mouth pain (we won't talk about how long) finally had an appointment for an extraction (not enough left to bother with a Root Canal). So, you see, I had already planned my birthday dinner (that I would be cooking) to be something soft and lukewarm.

What I had not planned was the tumble (okay, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce) I took down the cellar stairs on my way to the laundry room. It's a laugh a minute here at Casa Sheepie! We know how to par-tay!

Let's just say that standing is more comfortable than sitting. And moving from stand to sit or vice versa is problematic (and painful).

Okay, enough about me.

Let's talk about these:

What you see is the Active UFO pile. They might even be correctly called the NFO (Nearly Finished Objects) pile.

On top is the Jimmy Beans baby sweater. Moving clockwise (which term probably drives anyone under 10 crazy--who's seen a clock with hands?) in golden Encore is a Friday Free pattern. Next up is a teeny gansy from Liz Lovick in pale yellow, then a Santa ornament sitting atop Anouk (blue yarn) and last but never least, a dishcloth (car knitting).



We won't even mention this quivering batch of doubled wool sock yarn that is just too heavy and entirely too hot to even think about touching!

Maybe I'll get back to it when the current heat wave ends.

(If you tuned in late, that's the Bear Claw blankie. It's wool, and it'll be pretty big once I put it together. Even now, the blocks are big enough to cover my lap.)

It's just going to have to wait!

There might be a Mittnz update soon. I am waiting for permission to post.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
'Flight of Stairs' to cellar floor has taken on a whole new meaning this summer for me, too -- and it's basically a collarbone broken into 3 pieces for me! But it's been quite a summer of recovery here, too! Glad you're basically OK -- not a good birthday present, though! You're doing so well on your projects...even if there as as many as you'd wish in the Fair Pile.
 
Glad you survived the bounce downstairs. Not a happy experience. Maybe you need a saftey rope like mountain climbers use? Keep knitting!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random