Sunday, August 12, 2007

Progress of Sorts

The Other Half and I spent the better (and worse) part of Sunday moving big, heavy, bulky pieces of furniture from one room to the next in an effort to make our small house more liveable for the two of us.

I am pleased to announce that It's. Getting. There.

Slowly.





Here's our bedroom on Sunday morning (gee, I wish I had thought to get the camera out sooner).

That's a waterbed, king size. The kind with the tubes in it. The kind with the big honkin' water-filled tubes. If anyone asks, yes, I can lift 70 pounds if I need to.







And here are the armoires. They were one of the first purchases I made as a newly-formed designer.

Saw them at the New York furniture show in '72. Fell in love.

We've moved them 6 times so far. This is as far as they are going. Chop them up for kindling when I die, m'kay? 'cause no one in their right mind will want to move them again!





Remember this room? You've seen it before. It's my studio.

How could you forget that rug??

There used to be a futon in that bare space.

No more!









Two big honkin' armoires where the futon used to be.

I really like them in here. (I wish they could hold my yarn collection instead of clothes, though. (Did I say that out loud?)









And the futon?

It's found a place to call home, too. Right here in the Other Half's office.

Don't you just love the paneling? Could the builder have found anything cheaper, I wonder.








And our bedroom? Look at all that ::coff:: room!













No, seriously.

Check it out.

Sparky hasn't moved from that spot all day. Might have something to do with the air conditioner.

Labels:


Comments:
oh I hate paneling. We bought our home as a fixer upper and have plans for each room, but the biggest room, a sun room addition on the back of our home is all paneling (minus the wall of windows) even the ceiling! Blech. And our kitchen, walls AND cabinets are that dark knotty pine. When I had a contractor stop in to give me some estimates. I mentioned that we were going to be gutting the kitchen at some point and he scolded me for wanting to get rid of that awful pine (!!!!)
Anyway, we had hoped to do the kitchen this year, but its not in the financial cards.. instead we're going to get ourselves 5 gallons of kilz and a lot of paint and paint right over it.. if anything just to lighten it until we can rip walls down :)

Your hard work looks like its paid off. Finding more room is always a good thing :)
 
Sparky looks quite happy with the new arrangement!
 
Looks great!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random