Saturday, August 11, 2007

Nine In a Row


Prepare yourself for a wild ride!

This is the week I traditionally take off from work to get ready for the fair. Yes, Dear Reader, I have 9 days in a row to myself!

I will marathon knit until my hands are so sore I am taking ibuprofen by the handful and I will produce (let me check) five fair entries consisting of many knitted (and some felted) articles combined into wonderous decorations (I always save the Christmas stuff for last!)

And the little lady to the left? She's 1/2 of one entry: Mr. and Mrs. Snowman Other (again, as opposed to the vile media in which some people choose to work). I will cast on her Other Half in the morrow.

How I Clean House: Once every month, whether they need it or not, I deep clean the bathrooms. That's a joke! And once every six months or so, I take a few days off and really "deep clean" the whole place.

I even have a list on Word that I print out! How's that for efficiency?? Oh, and I will "clean house" over the next nine days! This time around, I bought me a couple boxes of garbage bags and I'm about to be ruthless (Who the heck is "Ruth," anyway? She doesn't live here!) and toss and toss.

The Other Half and I talked last week about our bedroom (no, not that! Get your mind Out Of the Gutter!)

We are now alone in a three bedroom ranch. The guest quarters are in the basement, so we have 2 unoccupied bedrooms that have served as "offices" (okay, mine's a "studio") since the boys abandoned them. I took over the closet in here about 5 years ago. (Why mash 2 peoples' stuff ito 5' of closet pole when there's a perfectly good empty closet 6' away?)

The new revelation came when Himself discovered that the armoires that we have owned for 35 years are honkin' big pieces of furniture. (well, duh! The shipping weight on those puppies was 400 pounds each). So we'll be doing some shifting and as I called it at work, "reclaiming some prime real estate."

The futon in my studio is moving to his office and the armoires from our bedroom are coming in here. I will gain a couple of feet, he will lose a couple, and our bedroom will be a little "empty." (How empty can it be with the king-size bed still in there?)

Watch for progress reports.

Movie Review: The Contract is predictable. It's also acceptable mind candy that requires no deep concentration. I had no trouble completing the snowperson above while it was playing. Morgan Freeman. John Cusack. Do I need to say more?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random