Wednesday, August 15, 2007

In Which We Fight With the Camera

Kodak and Compaq do Not Cooperate, Coordinate, or Compromise. Every photo download is a battle of wits! And I'm losing! Every download is an adventure!


I put the finishing touches on the Snowguy. His lovely hat and scarf are made from some leftover sportweight sockyarn (Emu Superwash DK).

Body for him and his lady friend are both Lion Brand Jamie Classic (worsted weight acrylic).

Pattern is in my head, but involves casting on 8 (on 4 dpns) and increasing every other row to 48 stitches for the base.

After that, it's every knitter for herself. On him, I did a 2 stitch X 3 row checkerboard for 33 rows. On her, I did that 2X2 rib thing that travels to the left every 4th row for 28 rows. I decreased 8 stitches for the "neck" then increased 4 after about 3 rounds and knit the heads in plain stockinette for about 15 rounds, then decreasing 2 stitches in 1 round (42 stitches) then EOR at 6 points until 6 stitches remain. Draw up, fasten off.


I think they look good together.

Her hat and scarf are LB Fancy Fur that I bought at the Tree for a buck a ball to make Chemo Caps for Kids back a few months. There are small bits (less than a ball) of leftovers in several colors. Watch for their appearance on this blog or in the trash can. That stuff is wicked to knit!

I could wax poetic about these little guys, but I need to get back to cleaning (almost done) and knitting (just a Santa pair, a toy, and a wreath to finish).



I have 4 days left before I go back to work. I have knitted toy, Pair of Santas, Christmas wreath to accomplish. Piece o' Cake!

Sparky the Bob-Tailed Wonder Cat has been clawing and chewing at her belly for weeks (months? years?) but recently, the chewing got so bad that I've taken to tossing (soft, lightweight) things at her just to distract her so she'll stop.

We made a visit to TED (The Evil Doctor--the guy with the cold glass thing he sticks up your butt, if you get my drift) who checked and checked and checked (this is the third time we've been through this). There Is Nothing Wrong (at least not with her body). No fleas or other parasites, no fungus among us. In fact, he told me that this is Not The Worst Case of Belly Chewing that he's seen. There' s no rash, there's no ooze, there's no blood. There's also no hair. On the belly, or on any of the appendages she can get into her mouth.

So, to rule out the slim possiblity of an allergy (and the need for a special diet), he shot her full of enough steroids to drop and elephant (or a MLB player) and suggested that I check back in 2 weeks. If the chewing has stopped, we'll assume allergy and switch her food. If it hasn't, we up her anti-depressant.

TED pointed out (and rightly so) that I should be glad that this latest episode has not caused a repeat of what got her on the pills in the first place. It involved dumping some furniture and treating many things with Nature's Miracle (if you get my drift). If I have a choice, I think I prefer chewing to marking.

Psychotic Cat From Hell rides again. I could write a book.

For your further amusement: I'm not generally inclined to play WTF Wednesday/Thursday, but, WTF? (Be sure to click through all the choices!)

Labels: ,


Comments:
Heee. :) Very cute!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random