Sunday, July 22, 2007

What To Do?

It has not been pretty here at Casa Sheepie. The mojo of the knit, she has disappeared again.

No, don't get me wrong. I am knitting. Squares of garter stitch. At least that's all I have to show for the constant manipulation of sticks and string.


Maybe I should do what Rabbitch suggested and take up another hobby. Been there, done that, have the plant holders to prove it!

Case in point. A cute sweater called Little Boy Blue from Not Your Mama's Knitting by Heather Dixon.

I bought Elann Sonata (100% cotton) with this project in mind.

I spent a day wrapping my mind around the placket and the pattern in general. Then I cast on.

Clearly, my palette sucks.

There was no clear yellow, so I subbed chamois. The chamois looks really good with the russet. The baby blue looks good with the chamois and the turquoise, but the turquoise and the chamois don't look good together. There's not enough yardage to eliminate any of the colors.

:sob:


I have Other Cotton tm that I could add in, notably the Patons Cotton DK (balls across the top) which matches the grist of the Sonata pretty well.

Please note, however that both batches of yarn contain 1) chamois (or comparable), 2) red, 3) baby blue. And the shades are close enough that they will appear to be different dyelots, not different colors.

Clearly, in this instance, my color sense has failed me. Clearly, too, I continue to buy yarn in the same colors. (That Patons is at least 4 years old!) Every time!

I also have quantities of Other Cotton that knits up at a slightly different gauge.

That will be saved for Other Projects.

Right now, I am looking at these great patterns and thinking, "I could do that in some of this stuff and this in this other stuff.

Yep. mojo's comin' back!

Labels:


Comments:
That top sweater would look LOVERLY in your colors, and you could narrow it down to only about 3 colors? I just found her patterns today, too, and I especially liked that top one.

Good luck choosing!
 
I just sent our NAS list the link to f.pea's sweater and now I just read your blog - clearly we are on the same wave-length here :)
I'm planning to knit one up too!
 
Hey, wait a minute now. There are other hobbies? :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random