Sunday, July 15, 2007

What an Honor!

Mariella nominated li'l' ol' me as a




and so, in turn, I will nominate another 5:

Rabbitch because she totally rocks!

Nicole, who while she is a knitter, also makes the most right-on and rockin' political commentary you'll find outside the political blogs.

Dez who has survived lots and does lots of good things and continues to knit through the crises.

Vanessa who does some rockin' knittin' (check the April 18 post) along with spinnin' and crochetin' and basket weavin'.

Anami who has also weathered many rocky storms, but she never stopped casting on.

In Weekend Knitting Knews:



I got started on the Christmas stocking I will enter in the fair.

First I consulted with Nancy Bush.

Then I selected a pattern and dragged out the appropriate yarn for something that's to be used one day a year and (likely) stored under less than optimal conditions the other 364.




Yep. Good old Ack. Your friend and mine!

In this case, I used LionBrand Jamie Classic (the white stuff) and Red Heart Classic (do we have a theme going here?) in Cherry Red (the red stuff).

The pattern? Finnish Stockings. The gauge? 4.5 st/in. The leg part (what's finished so far) is about 6" wide and 15" long.

All of the yarn was purchased for this project. I don't have more than a half-mile of acrylic in the stash, and none of the colors were suitable.

In other Knitting Knews, I cast on and completed a pair of booties to match the already completed Gull Wing Sweater (EZ's Knitter's Almanac ) using the same Kroy 3-ply.

After I finished the cuff (7 stitch repeat) on 35 stitches, I consulted Zoë Mellor (50 Baby Bootees to Knit ) for guidance on the foot shaping.

I'm satisfied that Zoë's shaping is better than the one I've been using up until now (decreases at the heel and the toe, rather than just the heel). All they need is a bit of ribbon through the beading. And maybe I should dress the lace cuffs??

So, one more "compulsory" to complete and I can move ahead on the "free-style."

Labels: ,


Comments:
whoohoo!
mwah!
 
Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random