Sunday, July 01, 2007

July Is Here

Here's my Keep Me Honest post.

There aren't a lot of projects currently on my needles (just 4 when I got up this morning) to start July and this evening I finished one of the four.

In the photo, left to right: 1) Anouk (from Knitty.com) in Elann Sonata (100% Mercerized cotton), 2) a facecloth in Peaches and Cream, and 3) Veronik Avery's Bear Claw Blanket (my variation) in sock yarn (doubled) from IK Spring 2005. You're seeing: 1) a nearly FO (just 2 more tabs to knit, then the sewing together and the blocking, 2) more than 1/2 finished, 3) about 30% done--I've completed one block, nearly completed the second. Two more blocks, then all the bands to go.


And here's what I've been doing in the car this month.

Facecloths. In cotton. Lots of them.

These were all knit from my stash, and none of the cotton yarn is spreadsheeted, because the pink and blue are the remnants of huge cones. The natural one peeking out in the middle was less than one ball that was already started. So no total reduction, but lots of stash knat up.

I haven't reported and reviewed in a couple of weeks, so there are 4 movies to discuss.

Breach is one of those psycho thrillers that make you say: not believable. Then you remember. It really happened. Good one!

Miss Potter is charming and sweet and sad and happy and it was one I'm glad we rented.

Deja Vu--Denzel Washington. Need I say more? Another scary psychodrama. Another good movie. It will make you think. And at the end, you'll say, "Oh. Yeh."

Then the was The Painted Veil which, like many of the movies based on Somerset Maugham's books, is hard to follow and very intense. The scenery made it more than worthwhile.

So, 4 movies, and not a rotten apple in the basket!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I'm knee-deep in warshcloths, too. Such great mindless knitting.

Thanks for the movie recommendations. I requested them all from the library. There are 50-100+ people ahead of me, so they will be nice surprises when they come in.
 
Ann, check out www.npr.org Fresh Air for June 15 and listen to the broadcast of Terri Gross's interveiw with Eric O'Neill. Thanks for the review, I can't wait to see this one too, after having heard this interview first aired back in January.
 
If you haven't done so - go read WSM's Painted Veil. It's a great novel, with lots of powerful themes & a style of writing that I enjoy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random