Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Remains of the Ham

What was left of last Sunday's Ham became tonight's 15-bean soup.
*A package of 15-beans, a nice overnight soak with several changes of water. (I used half the beans for tonight and froze the other half, pre-soaked, for another meal)
*An onion, several cloves of garlic, a bit of carrot, a stalk of celery, all chopped.
*2 quarts of water, a bay leaf or 2, and the seasoning pack from the beans (or a couple, three boullion cubes).
*A ham bone with some meat.
Seven hours on "low" in the crock pot.
*Add a 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes.
1 more hour in the crock pot.
Served with freshly baked garlic rosemary focaccia.
Yum!

Can I just say, in my own defense, that I could have done some serious shopping if Spillaine's hadn't rearranged the store and gotten rid of most of the yarn!
Okay, what's in the bag?

Indestructible yarn for Ship Support.
Red, White, Blue.
Yes, I broke the yarn fast. Because I was completely out of Yarn Appropriate For This Project.
Shut up!
I bought 7. My rules entitle me to 14!
I will be doing some serious stash damage toward the end of the month. For a really good cause.
(There better be some good stuff left at Webs. )




Sometimes I just need a little beauty in my life. These came from the grocery store.

$3.33 and worth every penny!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Seems to me that Ships is SUCH a worthy cause, it wouldn't be against the rules anyway! Go, troop knitting!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random