Friday, April 13, 2007

Get Back To Work

Three loads of laundry, one swept floor. Yep, that was as much as I could stand. My vacation isn't over yet!





I managed to start the border on the shawl of the mo, and though the color breaks look pretty harsh here in the light of the flash, they really aren't that obvious. (Or I am in denial--you decide!)

This pattern lends itself to a variety of color changes. I will use it again, I know.





Seeing that I have many babies to knit for, I started a 5-hour sweater in this denimy stuff that I bought 2+ pounds of from Elann (don't bother checking, it was a couple years ago).

It's supposed to work like some of the other Denim cottons, shrinking, softening. I made myself a summer sweater which I quite like.

The 5-hour pattern wasn't doing it for me, so I switched to:



This cute number (without the stripes) from The Portable CrafterTM Knitting by Leanne Bennet.

I bought it "remaindered" at Ollies a few months back.

Quick Review: At $3.99, it can have a place on my shelf. At $12.99 (MSRP), not so much. There's nothing here I don't already have pattern-wise. What it has going for it is the compact size (5 3/4" X 6 1/2") like the Vogue Knitting on the Go series.

There are errors in the pattern I started. Fortunately, it's an intuitive one (and there are 3 other variaions in the book).

I'm suspecting that I can finish this and the shawl this weekend.

It would feel good to have some FOs to post.



Labels: ,


Comments:
I have that book! I bought it just for the baby sweater patterns, but was a bit disappointed. And I do remember some errors I had to "iron" out. Lost intersest after making two different variations and the book is now hanging out at the back of my shelf. At least they are quick to make :) Good luck on yours!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random