Friday, April 27, 2007

The End of the Yarn Diet

If I were a person inclined toward swearing, I would be swearing a lot right about now!

I spent a good long time confessing to the breaking of the yarn diet (for a good cause) and ::poof:: the post and the pictures. All gone! ::sob::

And so, dear readers, I will attempt to reconstruct, but it will not be easy to re-achieve that particular level of wretchedness. Please bear with me.

And I have a sore throat, too.


Sale At Webs. 'nuff said?

Let me digress.

I have knat up all of the ack, all of the blends, all of the superwash but a smallish stash of Annabelle Fox DK that I am holding for a toddler size Aran.

My wardrobe and stash being somewhat drab neutral, I was immediately drawn to the wonders of the On Sale Encore and bought some.


Then I hit Elann to suck up some of the On Line Summertime (machine wash/dry flat) in shades of grenadine, daffodil, and marine. I swatched and gave the swatch a cycle through the washer and the dryer to see if it could take that treatment. I am happy to report that it came through with flying colors (that was not a pun).

Summertime knits up into something that feels like stretch terry. It's lightweight and really soft.

But 4 bags?? ::ahem::


Dulaan Challenge: I issued a challenge to the Dulaan group that i am part of (of which I am part?) to complete one more *anything* by May 1." (Challenge was issued on/about April 25.)

Then I took for-freakin'-ever to pick out a pattern and yarn.

Here's mine. Pattern by Norma, Manos del Uruguay Almost Solids combined with the leftover mohair from the recently completed shawl. There was about 1' of the mohair left when I cast off.

And now, I simply must get started on the fair knitting because, dudes, it's only ::eep:: four months away. ::eep::

Labels: , ,


Comments:
You are SO in trouble! Or maybe I should say *I* am! Thanks to you, I just went and ordered a whack of Encore in bright yellow and royal blue. I've been wanting those colors for awhile, but I hadn't planned on buying any today... Great sale. Thanks. I think. ;o)
 
I have not purchased yarn since last year, except for two skeins for my birthday, two gift skeins, and stuff to dye and resell. Get thee behind me, Stan! (no, not a typo)
 
you know what's funny? i was hideously behind on reading my blogs, and bloglines actually had the missing post, minus the pics. so i actually got to read your stuff twice, lol. i have so much ACK i could knit for years and not be out. people keep giving me this stuff!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random