Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Bargain at Twice the Price

I had to make a run to the Mart of K today. The drying rack that has served me well for several years died a sudden and unexpected death on Friday.

So, sad though I was to see it go (out to the curb), I was ready to move on.

I won't bore you with the pictures, but the new one is metal, not wood, and should hold up under the abuse of sopping wet skeins and bras and such.



I happened upon the leftovers of Easter, and being a person who cannot pass a clearance rack without at least stopping to look, I could not pass up this incredible bargain!

90% off! the original $1.49 price.

So I bought 10!




With the fair fast approaching, I started a blankie with the marigold yellow Encore.

Cast on this morning. All you see there is the garter stitch border. There will be lacy hearts, too.

Two entries finished, two on the needles. Four months to go.


Labels: ,


Comments:
The more you spend, the more you save, right? ;-)

I had the exact same experience with a wooden drying rack and happily replaced it with a metal one, just like you. Except my new one was from Tarzhay instead of the Mart of K. (The M of K is, in my experience, the store that can be relied upon to -- no matter which of their eleventyzillion stores you go to -- be completely out of the single item you went there for. Your mileage may vary.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random