Sunday, March 25, 2007

There Are No Pictures

Today (and yesterday, truth be told) I knitted my fingers to the nubs!

I have 2 very-nearly-finished projects and I'm not showing them until they are done. So there!

Today, the weather finally cooperated here in eastern Pennsylvania. I went out into the front yard to survey plow damage to our sloping beds of mountain pinks. (It's bad, but not irreversible.) One trunk of one of our clump birches didn't survive. It's going to have to come down when we can get Mike Mack The Tree Guy here. There are a couple more big evergreens that need his attention, too.

I picked up and whacked up a bunch of birch branches (say that fast 6 times!) and have them ready for garbage pick up. The snow drops and crocuses are up and blooming. The daffodils look like they might have survived the wacky winter weather, but we won't know for sure for another couple weeks.

The magnolia is another story. As in springs past, it was all ready to burst into bloom when the sleet/snowstorm of last weekend arrived. We've been here since 1989. I think we've had about 3 full blooms with this tree.

Back to work tomorrow. One staff member returning. This is a good thing, I hope.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random