Monday, March 12, 2007

Can't Trust That Day

Daylight Savings Time has my butt whipped! I wasn't ready to go to sleep last night (apparently all night!) and I certainly wasn't ready to rise at 4 Ay-Em body time!

Remind me again who had this brilliant idea!

It turned warm and sunny today, just in time. Franklin has declared this the Crabby Season and I agree completely. Makes me want to sing "'Tis the season to be crabby. Falalalala ."
You're welcome.

But seriously, everything is gray and dirty.

On a brighter note, today I spotted the Kingfisher (been hearing him for weeks) and a male wood duck on the creek. And the Great Blue Heron flew overhead. Things are lookingup!

Had to look at yesterday's picture of Dulaan In Progress to realize exactly how much I knit on it yesterday and today. Quite a lot, it seems. Second yellow to third yellow!

I am past the point where I divide for the sleeves and can now add some deeper and more complex-looking patterns on the body. I'll go back to the narrower ones when I get to the sleeves in another few days.

Truth is, these stranded 2-color patterns aren't difficult to knit, but they do require a looser tension than plain stockinette and some concentration. I'm getting better at two kanded knitting.

Mental Health: I thought of another symptom today, but I forget what it is.


Comments:
two-kanded knitting? i wanna see that!
 
I think mild forgetfulness is a sure sign of excellent mental health. You and me both, baby, you and me both :-)
 
Give yourself a week, hon. At least that's what I keep telling myself and everyone else; it takes at least a week to adjust to the time change. I figure, if nothing else, it gives us a week of "excuses" for not being up to par!

I love your sweaters!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random