Saturday, December 02, 2006

It's Beyond Me--and a Meme

I read on several elists and forums (mostly knitting-related) and I'm seeing a new and troubling theme lately.

What?

"It's beyond my talent/experience."

Folks, it's sticks and string. There are two stitches: knit and purl. Everything else is variation on a theme.

If you goof, you frog and start over.

The more you practice, the faster/better/more experienced you become.



And a Christmas Meme:


You know the drill. Don't be a Scrooge!!! If you want to participate, leave a comment and do your thing on your blog!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate, fer shure

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White on the tiny tree, no illumination outside

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I have a plastic "kissing ball" that's been around forever

5. When do you put up your decorations?
Sunday before Christmas, and they come down by New Year's

6. What is your favorite holiday dish.
Is it cookie shaped?

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
I'm not sure I have one.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think it was in school. Probably around 2nd grade?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Nope, we wait for The Big Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Little white lights and all sorts of birds. Trees past were big and covered with ornaments collected over the years. Those will be passed along to the kids eventually. Assuming that they want them.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I could live without snow. Forever!

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but I haven't in years.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
It's hard to single out just one.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Having a day to relax an enjoy family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Did someone say "cooky?"

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
After the presents are opened everyone retreats to a corner with a new book. Books are what make the holiday!

17. What tops your tree?
A feather trimmed cardinal

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Definitely giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Christmas songs (except "Chestnuts Roasting") make me cringe.

20. Candy canes: decor or eat them?
Use them to suck the juice out of an orange.

21. Do you feel that Christmas is too commercialized?
Indeed!

22. Or is it still magical for you?
And....it's still magical for me.
Comments:
If you stand still, then everything's beyond you! I'm blogless and alcohol is infrequent in my current life, but I sure do still appreciate the Four Roses Eggnog my father would make every Christmas! And, if you had duck eggs or goose eggs, then the eggnog was even better!!!
 
i agree with you, it's just sticks & string. i have yet to find a technique or pattern that has totally whooped my backside. of course, i have a stubborn streak a mile wide, as well, lol.

i might do the meme, i dunno. i also prefer hot chocolate, although i saw alton brown on good eats making egg nog. i may have to experiment.
 
I happened over here via Rabbitch's site. I think people just get into comfort zones and once they're there that's where they like to stay. I'm currently trying to push myself out of one, because you're right. It's just variations of the same theme. It's just sticks and some string!
 
Stealing the meme.
Love trying new things, even if the intended recipients don't appreciate them. Do they have any IDEA how long I worked on that lace garter?
Hot Chocolate!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random