Sunday, November 26, 2006

Back to the Grind

Going back to work after a long weekend is never much fun, but Monday was particularly painful.

All that cheer. All those holiday wishes (And how was your Thanksgiving? Like anyone's going to say "It stunk, why?")

And now we gear up for Christmas and the end of year inventory clearance. :whew:

Is it New Year's yet?

I managed just about 15 rows on ran Number 2 (or 1, depending on your POV) which got me past the armpit underarm shaping and also got me one less of those nasty freakin' chain cables on each side which should speed up the knitting to the top considerably a little bit. I am hoping.

The pattern calls for 1640 yards of yarn. I have about 1800 that I am positive is the same dyelot (wound it off the same cone), plus another 900+ yards from a second cone so running out of yarn is not a possibility. Even with the extra length I am adding to both body and sleeves, I have enough yarn.

Figuring back to my 40 yards an hour, I have 41 hours to put into this one, and I am about 1/6 finished (half of the back, figuring that back, front, and both sleeves each are about 1/3 of the knitting on a sweater, any sweater). That means I have about 34 more hours to knit. Then scour, scour, scour (did I mention scratchy?)

Finished by Christmas (and blocked and dry?)--Piece Of Cake.

I just jinxed it, didn't I.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random