Sunday, October 29, 2006

Wooly, Warm, and Very Purple


Dulaan hat #3 is a Finished Object. I think it came out rather well. Started on 48 stitches, then decreased rapidly (before I could run out of yarn). The remaining foot or so was worked into i-cord that I tied in an overhand knot. The snippets you see in front are All That Was Left.

Thus endeth the vast majority of the handspun. There's a bit of dark gray left, but it's pretty fine. I might double it and use it as an accent.

I have other Dulaan knitting OTN. It should be ready to show off in the next couple of days. I'm knitting "in" with all the announced knit-ins, just from my house, not in person.

And in my usual arrogant, obnoxious, know-it-all way, I ignored the cabling advice on the Super Secret Sweater -SSS (tm)-- through the first repeat. Hey, I don't use a cable needle for 2 stitches.

Well, I broke down and tried it their way and by George, it works! And was even faster than struggling without the cable needles! Slip 2 stitches to CN, hold in front. Slip next 2 stitches to second CN, hold in back. Knit next 2 stitches (on left hand needle) . Purl 2 stitches from 2nd CN. Knit 2 stitches from 1st CN. Well, there you go! I've also discovered that the fat cable needle (the first one I owned) holds the stitches much more securely than the skinny one (that I have in quantity--like 5?).

Live and learn.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random