Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mail Call


There was a not squishy today. From my friend in Port Roberts.

It was my Dulaan re-supply. I wish I had thought of this sooner!

Here's what I got: Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky-Cedar(front), Elann Pamir-Moroccan Blue, and Elann Peruvian Sierra Aran-Fiddlehead Green. So pretty. All in chunky weight that I will knit with slightly smaller needles for a more dense fabric.

I was very restrained, buying only one color of each and only in sufficient yardage to make a medium-sized child's vest (or a hat and mittens) in each.



I also got this:




Don't buy this one sight unseen, especially if you are a subscriber.

Many of the patterns are encore performances, some from the summer "gift" issues. I saw a lot I recognized.

There are some pretty special patterns from some of IK's books as well.

My disappointment faded when I realized that they are All In One Place. Hmm.





And now to reply to comments:

Anonymous wrote: The Dulaan hat is precious, is it a pattern in public domain, or can it be bought?

The Dulaan hat is a variation on a theme. I believe I cast on 60, but any multiple of 4 will work. When I was ready to begin the decreases, I switched from a 16" circular needle to 5 dpns. Place 1/4 of the stitches on each needle and decrease at each end of each needle (left leaning and right leaning, one stitch in from the end) every round until 8 stitches remain. Knit 2 together around. Finish with an inch or so of 4-stitch i-cord.

Nanna wrote: How many repeats have you done?? None, so far, so you are still at the learning stage. Recalculate the hrly rate, after the 2nd repeat & I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Nanna has you over his knee & spanking

Nanna is always right. It's speeded up considerably already and I'm still on the first repeat! That 8th row (the one where the little cables twist) is a royal b*tch, though. Reading one's knitting (with a glance at the chart occasionally to verify) certainly goes faster!

I had forgotten how enjoyable Aran knitting can be.
Comments:
Thank you Ann, for the help with the Dulaan hat. I have got it on the needle now, and hope to make several of these from stash yarn.
How do you feel, I am wondering how well you recovered?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random