Saturday, October 07, 2006

Magazine Review


I finally had a momement to sit with my Fall Knitters. Dudes, this might get me drummed right out of town, but I like a lot of what's in it (oh, wait, those are ads--just kidding!) Is it faint praise to say that it's a lot better than recent issues?

Is it sweet lemons (as opposed to sour grapes) to say that my subscription endures forever, so I might as well make the best of it? You be the judge.

Seriously, I think the color choices suck eggs in most of the magazine, but here's my short list of likes, remembering that I finally have someone female to knit for (besides myself):





That said, some of the projects I might consider:



Gimme a T--the concept, NOT the colors!

Think Pink (that's it to the left) and V is For Violet (Kathy Zimmerman)-I think either of these would be lovely for the DIL, but first she's getting an Aran cardi.

Lotus Blossoms (but please, something with a LOT LESS contrast)

Headin' East (cover sweater)- I like the shape, and as others have pointed out, it fits the model! *I* would wear that!

Cabled Duffle Coat-except the color and the clasps (they look like they were badly photo-shopped on) .





Loves Me-without the star fish thing, though I'd use the star fish on a bag or a hat.

The kids' things are cute! I Like Doodles to use up odd balls! (I'm thinking Dulaan) . That's it over there on the left. Isn't that little kid cute?

The socks are okay, but the apricot (or whatever it is) color doesn't do it for me (too pale and insipid). I'd like them in sage or a better pink (did I say pink?)






And finally, the tote. Can I say that I've been trying to replicate the star quilt in knitting for a long time with minimal success? Someone finally did the math for me! Yay! And it (probably) won't show up as a tote in my wardrobe--I'm thnking afghan--in jewel colors, or neutrals.

I'll be waiting for the tar and feathers.

Oh, and the current score:

Trap 2, mouse 0. Yep, we caught another one last night. Lazy piece of . . .cat!
Comments:
Yup! I like this knitters ever so much better, too! But I really would like them to have the items fit the models (or vice versa) because most of the time the knitted pieces just look shabby because they don't fit. Yeah for the traps!
 
If you keep the traps out long enough, the cat MIGHT learn to bring you the dead version in the trap for you to dispose of!
 
I like the new Knitter's too. I'll keep your secret if you'll keep mine!
 
Guess I'd better get me to the bookstore to see if the new Knitters is out yet. I haven't bought a copy in a while, but I always look.
 
Are you by any chance a subscriber and have the Knitter's Magazine Spring 2000? I'm looking all over for it and would love to buy it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random