Thursday, August 24, 2006

W Is For W




This is Sparky's favorite toy. At least it's the one she plays with most.

Mostly she kicks the loving stuffing out of it. Then she sits on it.

We don't mind one bit.

In fact, given the chance, we step on its little head at every opportunity.

Just sayin'







Dropped my stuff off for the fair. What a crew they have working that! They are very nice ladies, but I got questioned on the technique used in every single entry. It got to be funny. I wonder if they were checking to be sure that I made these things myself!

And the one lady absolutely insisted that I am NOT who I say I am, even though I've been me for more than 50 years, and using this name for more than 35. She knows me, and I am not her! (I think it was a little early in the day to be drinking the hard stuff.)

Conversation:

She: (looking at the tag on the first item) Hmm, Myfirstname Mylastname. I know her. Are you dropping her stuff off?

Me: No. I'm Myfirstname Mylastname. This is my stuff.

She: No, you're not.

(see?)

I understand that entries are down. The fair booklets didn't get to everyone. Hello! The Fair happens every year. It's on the Web. Including the Premium Book . I know if I didn't get my booklet, and I really wanted to enter, I'd be on the phone or on the 'net.



Car knitting update: Moving right along. I want so much to switch to stockinette. Maybe on the next round.

I will finish Big Red Fuzzy tonight. I will stay awake knitting until I reach the magic last row.

Even if I have to stay awake until time to go to work.

Wait a minute.

I will finish Big Red Fuzzy before Monday. There. That's better!



And then I will start my bag. For the swap. (Which means I need to decide on a pattern.)
Comments:
Aw, come on now, fess up, you know you aren't who you claim to be. You were just trying to pull a fast one on that poor lady. hee hee
 
Isn't it amazing the things people will say?! Too weird.

Good luck with the fair! I'd definitely give you the blue ribbon and $1,000 for that wreath.

Is it too late to send more mittens?
 
It is easy to see that Sparky is a highly intelligent cat!

No-blog Sheila
 
The worst case I ever dealt with that was my own MOTHER telling me I wasn't her daughter on the phone ... had to get dad on the phone to convince her it was really me!

Did it help to pull out your diver's license?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random