Friday, August 11, 2006

September is Mine!

One month out of 12. Is that too much to ask?

My friend Rabbitch and I were just "talking" about the possibility of Knitting For Ourselves (tm) in September.

Of course, before the thought had even gelled, we were both already thinking of reasons why not. Hers is homeless, and her husband, and Missy Moo, and other family. Mine is Ship Support and the Reservation and family, and Missy Moo.

So it seems, not even 30 days will be ours.

If not an entire month, what if, just for a month, from September 1 to September 30, before we pick up any project for anyone else, be it friend, family, or charity, what if, just once, for thirty whole days, we pick up the needles and knit for our own selfsh selves FIRST?

Are you with me?

Leave a comment!
Comments:
Absolutely, it is your turn Ann.
 
I want to be with you. But I would have to get this lace stole I'm knitting done first. Can I do it? I can try!

But I need to get a couple of Ships hats done first. Hmm. Where's that knitting machine?
 
I'm in!

Every single time I pick up the needles, for an entire month, the first knitting will be for me, even if it's only one round on a sock.

I need a sock.
 
Who else appreciates your knitting like you do??? And where is it carved in stone that we must knit for others and not ourselves? Are you getting my drift here?? OF COURSE you should begin knitting sessions with some knitting for yourself in September...and maybe even continue into October if you are daring enough! ;-)
 
Uh oh. You mean other people don't just knit for themselves?

Yes, you absolutely should take at least a measly 30 days.
 
All knitting is for ourselves first because of the gratification we get from the act of knitting. To make something for ourselves 'to keep' is to remind ourselves that our talents are worthy. And we get cold too. Now if only I can come up from under the stack of WsIP for a breath and a cup of tea. Now back to mittens.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random