Sunday, August 27, 2006

Regrouping: An Explanation

The red blob amid the trash in yesterday's post is, indeed, the red Frenzy mitten.

I am pretty sure that the problems I encountered were/are due to operator error and not the fault of the pattern. It's a good pattern according to the many people who have knit it up. And a fast one, too, for last minute itten-knitting. Clearly, I screwed up. And rather than try to rescue my mistake (this Frenzy does not frog!) I threw in the proverbial towel (and the mitt into the trash can, as well!)

Sometimes you do what you've gotta do.


I finished the plum baby sweater this morning. The sleeves go really fast on something this small. And I believe I will probably make a few more of this pattern with different patterning in bright colors. It's a free pattern that I got from Knitting Pure and Simple. I truly love their stuff (and am willing to put my money where my mouth is)!

Buttons are flowers in the same blue as the contrast.



I have enough green superwash wool and some lovely wool blends (a gift from the same source as the Regia--Thanks, Leah!) that are dedicated to the Reservation. I think they will make sweet little sweaters.



Poor old Walter got pressed into service as a model.

In his 20+ years, he's taken a lot of abuse, but the hanging by the ears is something new.

Other Works In Progress: a hat in hunter green for Ship Support, my current car knitting (4 days to mailing, I need to get cracking). It will probably get some patterning in a contrast yarn (white or cream).

I am back on track with the Regia cap. After frogging about 3" of 2X2 ribbing [sob], I switched to stockinette. There should be enough for a generous length, just without a doubled up cuff. Not totally my choice, but again, you do what you gotta.

I am nine rows into the second part of the Double Secret project (tm). Nothing further will be said (until I say something further) on that one.

In the Queue (IQ): Felted bag for my swap partner

I think I've settled on Heartfelt Passion from Barbie and Me by Nicky Epstein. Book Review: I found it "remaindered" at Ollie's for just under $10. Bought it for the Barbie patterns, though I am finding the "and Me" parts to be quite good as well. Basic yarns, cute "little girls" sweaters, and (along with this bag), a turtleneck that I would wear--a lot! I have black, royal blue, and anchor gray wool, and bark, eggplant and mulberry cotton, all sufficiently aged and all in sufficient quantity. The only question is if I can take that much mindless knitting.

Also IQ from the same book, a project that screams for the Cotton Ease over at Smiley's. Or Highland Wool from Elann. Screams, I tell you!
Comments:
Walter looks adorable in his borrowed sweater.
 
...I hope PETA doesn't yell at you for pinching your teddy's ear. They ARE an 'unbearable' group of people, you know!
 
I swear I have that same bear, in slightly worse condition (big patch on his butt). Mine is 42+ yrs old.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random