Saturday, August 19, 2006

Progress of a Sort

This post is about multiple topics (what else is new?) so bear with me, please.


I am on the home stretch with the first 1/2 (or 1/4, time and enthusiasm permitting) of the Double Secret (tm) project involving the former cotton Aran vest. Here's a wad shot. of part 1.

You won't see it flat until after the Big Day (tm)--December 25!

Live with it!




I have knat up 5 + balls of the red Frenzy, and already, Rabbitch is saying "I told you so" about the fuzzy red thing.

And why?? Because I casually mentioned that I might be considering keeping it rather than shipping it off to the reservation!

You see, Sparky likes it. A lot! How can I deny that sweet face? Even if she did bring a flea inside.

Ever notice how the mere mention of fleas, ticks, and lice can make you start to scratch? Sort of like the word yawn.

And here's breaking news: I signed up for Flylady. It was self-defense. Now I'm giving serious thought to un-signing. Okay, "swish and swipe" in the bathroom= good idea. "Shine your sink"= good idea (though it's the job of the Other Half; I cook dinner, he cleans up after). I was already doing a lot of what she suggests (except the shoes. I cannot do the shoes).

I'm pretty well stuck on the latest, though.

"Load a Day"= jury's still out. My typical weekend is many laundry loads. This has been an interesting experiment. I've been at it for six whole days. Instead of intensive laundry on Friday night and Saturday, I have spread my laundering out over the whole week. This is an improvement? (Though, I guess, if you are buried in dirty clothes, it might be.)

Movie Review: (I bet you thought I forgot!) We watched The Phantom last night (it was TiVo'd). Amusing, predictable Blast From The Past that brought up memories of Terry and the Pirates and Steve Canyon (and truth be told, Sky King and My Friend Flicka). Ah, to be 10 again. . .

That pattern request: Melvin and company want all their fans to know that the pattern is available in the book Knitting with Bits and Pieces from House of White Birches. It's a good book, but I'd check the library before I ordered it sight unseen. I regret that I cannot put the pattern here--copyright, you know.
Comments:
Thanks for posting the sheep pattern source - I've got that book!
 
Load a day? I think not! Why spread a job out over the entire week, when you can get it done in one day with a little more intensive effort? Besides, laundry is one of those things that you can do while knitting. Or you can knit while the machines do the work--you know what I mean!
 
Load a day? I think not! Why spread a job out over the entire week, when you can get it done in one day with a little more intensive effort? Besides, laundry is one of those things that you can do while knitting. Or you can knit while the machines do the work--you know what I mean!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Previous | Next | Random